Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My favorite Filipino snack

At lunch time, my Korean classmate, Yiba talked with me about her friend travelled the Philippines about four weeks ago. She talked about Filipino snack named dried mangoes. Oh yes, I really love it as it’s so soft and yummy! She asked me if it’s available in any stores in Vancouver. I told her, “yes, they are available in any Asian stores.” She will pay me, just maybe tomorrow after I can buy it for her in the stores near our house.

This is very popular. Most people love it more than different products like this.

After my class was dismissal, I just imagined how good dried greenmangoes are and I was just wondering if my friend, Lea ate it before. So, I asked her about it. She told me that she had no idea and she hadn’t eaten it in her life, and I hadn’t eaten it, too.

Lea and I went to Asian store to look for dried mangoes snacks; however, there is nothing. We went another store beside the store. I found the snack, but it is more expensive and about $3 CAD in here than 20-50 pesos as $1 CAD in the Philippines. I just could buy it later as I had to go to Filipino store which snacks are cheaper. Then, I was very surprised that there are dried green mangoes. I already purchased it and the one dried yellow mangoes. And then, I went back to the store to buy one.

This one is Dried Green Mangoes.

I opened that snack and smelled it. It was so sour! I gave it to Lea. She tried to smell it. She was like “ugh!” I picked one slice. What the? It was sticky! I tested to eat it. Oh, it is a bit good and quite sour. Lea tried to eat it, but she still doesn’t like it.

We finally decided that DRIED YELLOW MANGOES is better thanDried Green Mangoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment