Monday, July 19, 2010

An Injured Pigeon

This morning, my father was outside of our house, opening the window while I was using my laptop to chat with my friend, Jami. I thought he just gave me some envelopes, but shockingly, he held a pigeon to show through the window. I suddenly stood up near the door and was scared of it as I thought it might bite my fingers if i touched it. He said, "No, it doesn't." Then, I tried to get it from his hand.
Jami took these pictures of my webcam. She said I was funny because I was scared of it and my face looked so frightened!

I was so stuck! We did not have any cages! It took me about 10 minutes to walk around and to look for a box or a basket. Jami told me to get a laundry basket, however; mine is not good for keeping the bird. It is too loose. Finally, I saw another sturdy white basket. I brought it to my room while holding the bird with my right hand. I took all the clothes out of the basket and put it upside down on the floor. I threw the bird into the basket successfully!!!

Here I was feeding the bird. At first, it refused to eat cooked rice. Then, I tried to put raw rice, but the bird still refused. I wondered if it was afraid of me. I added a small amount of bread. The pigeon refused. My father told me to put a small piece of cooked rice in the bird's beak. I did three times. After a few minutes, the bird went back to eat raw rice I was glad. I put a small plate of rice and a small bowl of clean water. WOW! The bird did not stop eating a lot of rice! Oh I know it's harder to look for food outside than people easily buy food in the stores, right? Anyway, my father said the bird cannot fly well.

When I gave the bird to my brother, Kuya Venice. He checked it up. He said it is sick. I was surprised he said it is female. I said him how. He showed me: he pulled the beak with his fingers. If the head doesn't move toughly, it means it is a female. How interesting! He has a lot of experiences!

I put the bird, rice, and water inside the other basket in the garage room. It is night already.

I am looking forward to seeing if the bird will like me after a few days or so. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment